The Hunger Games aka Twilight minus the vampires plus a rant

So, what the hell is going on??? How's my Ho's???? Me? Oh I'm fine. Bill? Fine too. Maxine? Bitch is mean as ever.
So Saturday night I decided to get all caught up in the hoopla over The Hunger Games release.
I knew nothing about the movie just that it was part of a trilogy of books.
Bill and I took it in at a small movie theatre in Wisconsin. When i say small, trust me, the damn seats were so small.   I needed a shoehorn to get in the  miniature chairs. We had a good laugh about how miserable I was. I told Bill we would just buy the seats and take them with us because they were a part of me now.
On  to the Movie. It sucked. Here's the problem. Come on people, is the book that good??? How?? Hell, it was just so stupid and slow.  Jennifer Lawrence is Renee Zellwigger part II, and the movie reminded me of The Running Man. I won't give away anymore of it for those of you who want to judge for themselves. Just remember I told you first. It is just barely o.k. Oh and it's 2 1/2 hrs long.

This had me thinking. We are already living in the hunger games. Shit we are already killing each other and it makes for such wonderful TV. Don't you think?? You don't ever hear of the super rich pulling out a gun and killing another wealthy person.
Just look at the Trayvon Martin case, or in Milwaukee a older man shot and killed a young unarmed kid in a porch area of his home.  There are numerous cases where if there wasn't a gun then someones life would have been saved.
It's disgusting to even be worrying about this bullshit. We aren't living in the wild wild west and if you are that fucking scared seek counseling. 
But I'm sure someone will point out that some god fearing gun loving American stopped a crime from happening. Good for him. That still wont bring back the  innocent who have died, and one death is to many.  I'm sure if your child is the innocent one you will rethink your stance. 

GUNS?? They fucking suck. I hate them. Motherfuckers get so fuckin cocky when they have one. Take the damn gun away from them and they are usually a straight up bitch who fears for his/her life for nothing. Absolutely crazy to think you have to walk around with one in your purse or pocket.

My Dad and sisters love guns and have always been behind the right to own one. That's fine. But since I'm the ONLY one that can say I've traveled to all major cities in the U.S. numerous times, and to some of the baddest sections of most of those towns, I've never felt that I needed a mother fucking gun.
I wont say anymore because I know that the gun folks are as passionate as the Jesus fans and I learned a long time ago if you piss off either one of those groups or the abortion crazies, you are asking for big trouble, if not a bullet to the head.
But as the past has proven. Nothing good comes when you pass out guns. 
Yes, I 've heard the argument of wanting one because the criminals have one.
Well in a time long long ago anyone could have a gun and carry it around without a permit and use it with reckless abandon but it didn't stop criminals. 
We have police. Let them do their job.

One last thing, I'VE SAID IT MANY MANY TIMES. IF YOUR POOR YOU WILL DIE. If you don't believe me, THEN LET ME REMIND YOU THAT 71 yr. old Dick Cheney received a new heart today after TWENTY MONTHS on the the waiting list.
I think I've made my point.

I've rambled on long enough.

Comments

Hunger Games - daughter read the books and thought the movie was MUCH better than the books...!!!
Bob said…
I'm with you on guns.

And probably on The Hunger Games, too, because I have no desire to see it.
Joy said…
I agree with you about guns. We're living in crazy land. All they need is to be armed!
you remain one of my heroes

xxalainaxx
Jacki said…
I don't make it out here often but when I do...

The seats are part of you...I'm dying with laughter.

The guns. I don't hate them. I own one. I actually don't know where the bullets are.
I far prefer the Red Rider BB gun but that's probably not considered a gun right? I don't know where the BB's are either. They rust though right?
Hey it might be fun to walk around the house with my Red Rider and use it as a cane. Don't judge.

All kidding aside I get it...

Many hugs, xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!