Oscar 2012

Ok. Look I know these are all over the place but I think it will be a shocking Oscar night for some favorites.
Best Supporting Actor
Max Von Sydow will win. I would love to see Jonah Hill pull an upset though.
Best Supporting Actress
Melissa McCarthy will win. I know my favorite and front runner Octavia Spencer is expected to win but the past years have shown that comedy films do well in this category but so do black actresses.
Best Actor
Jean Dujardin will win. He deserves it.
Now a dark horse could very easily be George Clooney and him winning it wouldn't shock me.
Best Picture
The Artist will win. Great movie. I don't think this will shock anyone. The Help is a great movie but the Academy has a history with Black movies and it's not kind.
I'm saving the best for last.
Best Actress
Believe it or not this is a three way tie in my opinion.
Glenn Close could easily win but Albert Nobbs has been lackluster at the box office and the same goes for Meryl Streep and Iron Lady so that leaves us with momentum leader at the moment, Viola Davis from The Help whose film has did well at the box office.
So what does this mean??
Meryl Streep will win.
The Academy voters have always neglected to get it right with the best Actress award.
Few examples
1979 Sally Fields over Bette Midler
1987 Cher over Glenn Close
1998 Gwyneth over Cate Blanchette
2005 Reese Witherspoon over Felicity Huffman
2008 Kate Winslet over Meryl Streep
And the biggest case of the Academy getting it wrong in this category?
2009 Sandra Bullock over Gabourey Sidibe in the role of Precious which proves without a shadow of a doubt they can fuck this up.
There you go Hos. Discuss.
I hope I'm wrong and The Help wins them all. It's the least they can do for robbing the Color Purple.
Comments
And Joy's right- I thought it was just me! Are those word verifications getting harder and harder to read?!