New Hampshire. Live free or Die
Made it to New Hampshire. We reload to Northern California, truck load of Lindt chocolates. We had a nice easy run with no problems.
Coming in from the West was relatively easy with no winter conditions and excellent driving conditions. But, this is all about to change. from what I hear a huge winter storm was racing across the Midwest.
Which in turn makes this whole ride back west suck.
Why? well the chocolate loads are light light light, under 10k pounds, which makes for difficult driving.
You see ho's in the winter you want to be heavy heavy heavy. My preference is as close to the legal limit of 80k as possible, this makes for less slipping and sliding with better traction.
I've said time and time again how cheap this company is and it comes shining through with the tires that our truck is equipped with, yes ho's.
99% of the industry run traction tires on the drives of their units year round but in an effort for better fuel mileage. yes bitches I'm talking pennies here.
My company run low resistance tires on all wheel positions. Yep, they have zero traction.
I've spun the wheels in light snow, a first with 80k on.
This top tire shows a traction type groove, the below are what we run.
Coming in from the West was relatively easy with no winter conditions and excellent driving conditions. But, this is all about to change. from what I hear a huge winter storm was racing across the Midwest.
Which in turn makes this whole ride back west suck.
Why? well the chocolate loads are light light light, under 10k pounds, which makes for difficult driving.
You see ho's in the winter you want to be heavy heavy heavy. My preference is as close to the legal limit of 80k as possible, this makes for less slipping and sliding with better traction.
I've said time and time again how cheap this company is and it comes shining through with the tires that our truck is equipped with, yes ho's.
99% of the industry run traction tires on the drives of their units year round but in an effort for better fuel mileage. yes bitches I'm talking pennies here.
My company run low resistance tires on all wheel positions. Yep, they have zero traction.
I've spun the wheels in light snow, a first with 80k on.
This top tire shows a traction type groove, the below are what we run.
The tread design make a huge difference. Personally the risk of something happening to the drivers is not worth the money saved. In some of the Pacific Northwestern states it is required to run traction tires during the winter months if you have no chains. Unfortunately we have chains, and I wouldn't have a clue how to put the son of a bitches on. Look if you need chains on your tires to go somewhere my advice is to camp out in the truck stop until spring. Some states get crazy with that ol" chain law too. Look I understand some loads have to get there but a day or two wait isn't going to hurt anything.
If they want it that bad they can air mail the shit.
I've often wondered if this place gives a shit about our safety. Anyho, I have a safety plan in effect for any bad weather. Yes I park this bitch first sign of trouble.


Comments
(btw - I lovessss Lindt chocolate. 85% dark.)
Eat chocolate.