My Birthday Boy.




Well Guys today is My Baby's 45th Birthday.
For his Birthday, one of the things I wanted to do was blog just how I feel about him.  Many times I've shared stories about my life with Bill and it was brought to my attention that I never really said the nicest of things.
So, After 20+ yrs. I can say this.
I can't see me without him. He is one of the nicest guys around and I knew that the moment I met him. His smile speaks volumes, and his laugh will make your heart warm.  Everyone he meets is a friend, he doesn't know the meaning of stranger.
If I never share another word about him, I want you and Bill to know, that I love him more today than I did many years ago on a blacktop basketball court in Texas when we met.
You see that smile up top? I often describe what I felt by seeing it like this.
"It was as if a lighted match had been tossed in to my soul.
 It was as if a damn had broken in my heart."

When asking him what he wanted for his birthday, he replied "I want the same thing I ask for every year".
Now, for those who don't know, I will share with you his wish.
It goes like this.
We usually head to Flour Bluff, Texas and the Gulf of Mexico to fish in the Laguna Madre. Now this is not his wish, just a part of it. No, the rest of it goes like this. We buy a $1.00 pass to fish on the Red Dot Fishing Pier, and for hours we sit their on a wooden bench until the wee hours of the night while we fish. The most important part of this birthday wish is that I MUST BE THERE ON THAT BENCH right beside him.
Most of the time we talk about our youth, and the eerie similarity of both of us growing up fishing that same place as a kid with our Dad. The rest of our time on that bench is spent quietly growing old together.

And finally without me knowing it, Bill went on his Facebook page and has asked that any friends that wanted to give him a gift, to please do so with a donation to the Breast Cancer Awareness in the name of my #9. It is a simple click on Facebook that leads you to their foundation.
This is my Bill.

Bill, Happy Birthday!!! I love you, and hey Get the bait bucket ready.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

Comments

beautiful, i love that pic of the two of you! - i hope you both enjoy the fishing and catch a bucketful.

xxalainaxx
Happiest of birthday wishes!
xoxoxoxo
David Dust said…
Dammit Ho -

You went and made me CRY!!!!

Happy Birthday Bill - take care of my Sis for me.

XOXOXOXOXO
Bitch! You made my mascara run! At least I'm not going anywhere tonight!

I am getting the BEST word verifications tonight:

ber sure to give Bill the homatima of his life on his special day!
Joy said…
That was so sweet! And yes I'm one of the people who fussed at you for not saying good things about Bill, so I'm glad you did! And wow! I teared up some, too.

Happy Birthday, Bill! Hugs!
Ken Riches said…
Happy belated birthday to Bill. Great picture.

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!