The Ho truth!
As to being called out on my expertise on logs, I'm going to confuse the shit out of a whole group of people that hate math.
About the 11hr rule I explained in my last wang post, there is one little thing you can do to extend your 14 hr window.
Now listen and listen close ho's I'm only going to explain this shit once. It's mad stupid and it will make you go blind if you put to much thought in to it.
O.k. You can extend your 14 hr. window. ONCE. and it works with some fuckery math they like to call the 8 and 2 hr split. Now I don't use it and will never use it because of the hell it will put you through if you mis- calculate your drive hours.
In order to extend the 14 hr. drive time. you can take a break of a min. of 2 hrs. and it must be combined with one other break of 8 to equal 10. You can only do it once, and if you do any breaks or stops in between the two breaks that equal 10 then the rule doesn't apply. Now once you take these two splits of 8 and 2 and extend your 14 hours, you must still follow the rule and take a ten hour reset. Meaning?
Say you are hoing around all day and take 8 hrs, then drive and take another 2 you have only extended your driving time for that day, once you run out that 11 hr drive rule for a 24 hr period you must back door it with a 10 hr reset.
Ho's it is as confusing as it sounds and even if you have a built in computer or EOBR. Don't entertain it.Let it go. Just drive you 11rs. park and call it a day.
Hey this is trucking in the 21st century, and I think it's great.
My sweet dear friend Miss A. (Who I haven't gotten a wedding gift yet, and I hate myself for it) ask how they compensate for delays, breakdowns, and what they call in the trucking world a "layover" and ho's it ain't laying over something and taking it like a man, all though you could do that, but anyho a layover is when you don't have a load(of freight, for you nasty ho's) and you have to sit till then next day.
Companies are having to learn and work around all the laws governing trucking and most are recognizing that drivers aren't simply going to sit for free and burn up their driving time. You see drivers are paid by a mile, and no miles makes for no pay. So in order to make up for sitting companies are paying.
Here's how I'm paid.
If I sit for more than 24 hrs. I'm paid $75 a day until loaded( very unusual to sit more than a day). If I get to a receiver and they take more than 2 hrs. to unload me after my appt. I'm paid a detention fee by my company of $15 hrs. up to a max. of $150 per occurrence. If I break down I'm once again paid $75 a day plus hotel reimbursement..
Oh and If I arrive on time for a pickup and the shipper delays me, then I'm paid the same $15/$150 as unloading.
HO's I just looked at the clock and I've got to go go go!! I'm burning up my 14 here jacking with yo ass.
Let's Ride HO
About the 11hr rule I explained in my last wang post, there is one little thing you can do to extend your 14 hr window.
Now listen and listen close ho's I'm only going to explain this shit once. It's mad stupid and it will make you go blind if you put to much thought in to it.
O.k. You can extend your 14 hr. window. ONCE. and it works with some fuckery math they like to call the 8 and 2 hr split. Now I don't use it and will never use it because of the hell it will put you through if you mis- calculate your drive hours.
In order to extend the 14 hr. drive time. you can take a break of a min. of 2 hrs. and it must be combined with one other break of 8 to equal 10. You can only do it once, and if you do any breaks or stops in between the two breaks that equal 10 then the rule doesn't apply. Now once you take these two splits of 8 and 2 and extend your 14 hours, you must still follow the rule and take a ten hour reset. Meaning?
Say you are hoing around all day and take 8 hrs, then drive and take another 2 you have only extended your driving time for that day, once you run out that 11 hr drive rule for a 24 hr period you must back door it with a 10 hr reset.
Ho's it is as confusing as it sounds and even if you have a built in computer or EOBR. Don't entertain it.Let it go. Just drive you 11rs. park and call it a day.
Hey this is trucking in the 21st century, and I think it's great.
My sweet dear friend Miss A. (Who I haven't gotten a wedding gift yet, and I hate myself for it) ask how they compensate for delays, breakdowns, and what they call in the trucking world a "layover" and ho's it ain't laying over something and taking it like a man, all though you could do that, but anyho a layover is when you don't have a load(of freight, for you nasty ho's) and you have to sit till then next day.
Companies are having to learn and work around all the laws governing trucking and most are recognizing that drivers aren't simply going to sit for free and burn up their driving time. You see drivers are paid by a mile, and no miles makes for no pay. So in order to make up for sitting companies are paying.
Here's how I'm paid.
If I sit for more than 24 hrs. I'm paid $75 a day until loaded( very unusual to sit more than a day). If I get to a receiver and they take more than 2 hrs. to unload me after my appt. I'm paid a detention fee by my company of $15 hrs. up to a max. of $150 per occurrence. If I break down I'm once again paid $75 a day plus hotel reimbursement..
Oh and If I arrive on time for a pickup and the shipper delays me, then I'm paid the same $15/$150 as unloading.
HO's I just looked at the clock and I've got to go go go!! I'm burning up my 14 here jacking with yo ass.
Let's Ride HO
Comments
I only have one rule - if I drive to the district office to tutor and the student doesn't show up I get paid for one hour. I then document all the times and eventually we haul the student and parent(s) to court.
I'd be fired for sure if I had your job...
XOXOXOXOXOXO