The End and the next road traveled.

Well it's over.
My business as an owner operator is now over. Betsy is gone. She has found a new home. I'm not really to upset about it either.
My lease with the Trucking Company is over too.
Thank God.
Tugboat is a real go getter and I have always been able to make wise and swift business decisions. Financially it will be weird.
Before, I was able to buy or spend with careless abandon. Now I'll be wiser with any choices to purchase big ticket items. This will be the only thing I miss.
On the plus side, no more worries about having to make sure the truck is moving.

Bill is gone. Our relationship is over permanently and guys it didn't end like I wanted it to but do they ever end well?
I wanted us to be able and stay in contact. But this isn't going to happen and I'll tell you why.
Because I'm not strong enough, and we would be caught in an endless cycle of breaking up and making up. Look I LOVE HIM, and yes I know he loves me.
But this cycle was killing me.
Bill needs to find something inside him to face his demons. I can no longer carry this burden for him.
It kills me.

As for Tug. I've had several job offers, and since I'm no one trick pony the choices were many.
But I have diesel in my veins. The road and the blacktop are my friends. So I've decided to take a driver position with a company out of Fargo, ND.
I start a two day orientation on Monday in Fargo, then after they receive my drug test results (required by D.O.T), I'll be assigned a truck and the rest you all know to well.
LET'S RIDE HO!
The benefits are generous and the only thing I have to worry about is getting the frieght there safely and on time.
So this will leave Tugboat plenty of time to work on TUGBOAT!

Now just because I work for a company based out of North Dakota doesn't mean I'll be living there. If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time I explained how the company driver jobs work.
Trucking companies hire drivers from a wide area of the U.S. and the company that hired me needed drivers based out of Las Vegas.
So I'll enjoy one day off for every week I run and these days can be accumulated and used together.
Meaning if I go out on the road and drive for three weeks, then I'll be able to go home for three days. My plan is to drive two weeks on two days off, so every other weekend I'll be home.

There you have it ho's.

Beth, from blind as a bat recently blogged about all the friends she has made on her blog. This is true for me too.

So to Beth, David, Froggy, Mrs A, Joy, Ken, Miss Ginger, Kayce, Mr. Mischief, kimberp, and anyone I might have left out, THANK YOU.
Even though I've never met any of you, I consider all of you my closest friends.
You inspire me, make me laugh, and no matter what are always here for me.
Thank you.

Comments

Oh, well, whew! I was picturing you freezing to pieces in North Dakota! You need to stay in the sun - close to all the kidlets who need their uncle.
Sorry it had to end that way. Stay strong!
Tawnya said…
Sounds like you have a plan!! When a friend of mine was looking into driving trucks, the recruiter guy basically said that he could live anywhere as long as there is access to highway nearby. Which is cool. I have been in the break up- make up cycle once for 10 years, so I do understand what you are saying. Good luck with the new job!! If you are ever in Michigan let me know.
David Dust said…
Thank GOODNESS you don't have to live in North Dadumbfuck. That place sounds scary.

I'm glad you are able to start a new chapter of your life. It seems like a very good thing for you.

Next chapter ... CALLING YOUR SIS!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Best of luck on your new venture! That sure seems like a high work/off ratio to me, but there's still a lot about the trucking industry this girl doesn't understand!! Miss Ginger can carely drive 2 hours without falling asleep!
Ken Riches said…
Lots of change. Stay strong and continue to be true to your self. Sounds like not being your own business is a good way to go right now.
kayce. said…
i'm so happy to hear that, at the very least, you have a plan... the emotional stuff will be difficult to work through, but at least you don't have to worry about a bunch of financials on top of it.

i know your new job is going to be great for you ~ more time off and less overall stress can't possibly be a bad thing.

good luck on everything! we're here for you! xoxox.
Joy said…
You've taken the first hardest steps. My heart goes out to you because I know you're hurting. I wish things could have worked out with Bill and understand why they can't. That hurts, too.

Well, Tug, here are many hugs! xoxoxoxxox

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!