It started good, then the wheels fell off it...

Home for a couple of days then back to work.
On my days off Number 9 and I like to get out by ourselves to gossip and chat chat chat. It usually includes a day of shopping for stuff neither one us needs. You know the drill, the old Lucy and Ethel routine
So off to Costco.
Number 9 and I originally went to return my Christmas gift that turned out to be the biggest hunk of junk ever made. The Kreuig single cup brewing system, cost $139 and allows you to brew one cup of coffee at a time with specially made coffee packs which are called Kcups.
Basically I'm the only one that drinks coffee besides Bill who occasionally enjoys a cup of coffee I've made for myself so this would allow me to always brew a fresh cup at a time.
Well since I'm only home maybe three times a month at most I've only been able to use the machine occasionally.
About a month ago it started doing all kinds of crazy shit. For instance, when you would hit the brew button it would hiss, smoke, fart, burp, and then nothing.
Kaput. Useless.

Now for those of you who don't have a Costco. Let me do a testimonial as to why this is the greatest place on earth to shop. Let me remind you that this machine was purchase way before Christmas and was used a few times, there was no box or packaging material for the return either.
When I tell you Costco will let you return anything they sell no matter what or when you bought it, then you can write this as gospel.
Ho's all I had was a cord. No receipt.
I walk in, they smile take my membership card and then hand me in literally seconds a gift card with the full amount loaded on it.
With that being said, I've returned a few things that I've not been impressed with one being a rice cooker that I couldn't for the life of me figure out and still no problems with returning it.
Once a couple was returning a sectional sofa that looked like pure hell. Ho's my thinking was why would they want to return something they had tore the hell up?
After maneuvering close enough to get the scoop on the true story, the couple "Claimed" that the sofa was of poor quality and they had purchased it almost a year ago and felt they deserved a refund. DONE. Full refund.
So that's my story on Costco. If you don't shop there then what the hell are you waiting for.
Hell you can even purchase a membership for $45 use it for 364 days then ask for a refund on the membership fees if your feel unsatisfied just one day before you need to renew it.

Originally I had planned on just replacing the fancy coffee maker with the same machine but after hearing the customer service rep. explain what a headache this model had been I decided against it.
SO what did I do? I bought a bluray player, and about $300.00 worth of stuff.
I kept asking #9 what did we come in here for? Surely it was in the basket I replied.
With the new bluray player, guess you need the bluray dvd's to play on it.
The Hurt Locker, and We Are Marshall are thrown in the basket for good measure.
Since I'm on a roll here let me throw in a couple of movie reviews just for the hell of it.
We Are Marshall starring Matt no shirt don't know his last name was bought for the entire family to watch and seeing I'm no Matt NSDKHLN fan, I'm proud to say this was really a great movie and I highly recommend it.
Next after putting the kids to bed, us adults watched The Hurt Locker.
The movie itself is very good.
If you are wondering why we are still in Iraq and it pisses you off thinking that those ungrateful motherfuckers are just looking for inventive ways to blow American soldiers to fucking smithereens then be prepared as I wasn't.
It's not for those who are looking just for shoot em up and kill em dead warfare. This is for those that believe we are actually serving a purpose which we are not.
I am going to stop before I get all pissed off as I was watching this movie.

My parting shot is this. If those of you who are stupid enough to think we are fighting the good fight for some stupid ass reason, then go sign your child up with the Army, Navy, AF, or Marines and let them face the music instead of being so willing to let someone else's child who signed up to Protect us and our Country, not some crazy ass fuckers who don't give hell or high water if they live or die. WAKE UP!
Face it, what have we done to help Iraq. Dethroned a horrible dangerous powerful man who was an axis of evil, who had the so-called ability to destroy America? You think?
He was so powerful that they found him in a hole of someones yard. I'm still waiting on the weapons of mass destruction?
AWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
fuck bush. lying son of a bitch.

Anyone seen the wheels to my wagon?

Comments

Coffee --- I use a french press and loves it. They sell single serving french presses at Target. (Occasionally someone knocks it off the counter... and I have a back up one in the cupboard!)
kayce. said…
i use a french press, too, froggy! $13 at ikea and that bish is still going strong. and i'm the only coffee drinker in my household, too, fredie. ok, well, i'm also the only person in my household, but that's not the point. :o)~

after reading your movie review, i'm kinda fucking pissed the hurt locker won out over avatar. at first i didn't care, but the lessons of both movies are at odds, and i'm sad that THL's won out.

also: going to costco on friday. ^_^
David Dust said…
This needs to be inducted into the Blog Post Hall of Fame. Damn Sis, you managed to cover about 43 different topics!!!

They just opened Manhattan's first Costo up in Spanish Harlem (Aye, Papi!) - but since I don't have a car, taking a cab takes away whatever money you may have saved.

Maybe I'll just go and cruise Papis...

XOXOXOXOXO
my heart breaks for all the young men and women who, in serving their country, have lost life and limb to defend the lies of dubya. i still question the rationale of the united states being the guy who has to ride in and save the day in order to have some sort of vested interest in the rest of the world. is it in the name of FREEDOM or CONTROL and pursuit of the DOLLAR that motivates our country?

now that we have a seal a meal, a costco membership could be a deal for us too- will have to look into it.

we have a french press for camping!


xxalainaxx
Angel said…
well Ho, I don't drink coffee so I cant comment on that...have a Sams Club, which is as close to a Costco as Im ever gonna get. But I've never tried to return a busted up couch so I don't know what their return policy is.

and my 17 yr. old son wanted to sign up for the Marines. Now, I support out troops and all that jazz, but I do NOT want my son over there, trying to get killed, ok? I didn't give birth to his fat head and get these stretch marks so I can bury HIM...he's supposed to bury ME.

nuff said.


XOXOXO
Joy said…
I like Costco because of their policies and how the CEO makes just so much more than the employees. Their benefits are good, and I've heard it's a good place to work. Unlike Sam's Club which is part of Wal-Mart.

I don't think I'll watch The Hurt Locker. I was on the fence about it, but you've convinced me. I agree with what you and Mrs. Miss A said about it and the war.

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!