A Correction and Tug's thoughts on the Grammy Awards.


O.k. so I'm not 31 and my Birthday was on the 28th. Are you happy now?
I'm 45. Yep. 45. I can not believe it either. Where did the years go? huh? I still feel like a kid, even with this extra 200 lbs I've added to my already svelte figure.
The stay was too short this weekend.
Did I mention Number 9 bought me the complete first season of Glee? Yes she did. That's my Gal.

So the grammys came on and this is my take, forgive me I'm going to skip around. If I don't mention it, then it means that the act was forgettable.
Steven Colbert? WTF. He wasn't even funny. Is he suppose to be funny? Right about now I was thinking this thing was going to suck big time.
But leave it to Gaga to save the show.
Lady Gaga was great, loved her and Elton mixing it up. I kept pulling my man panties out of my crack while looking at her in that green outfit. It looked really uncomfortable, and the black on her teeth looked really odd.
Look I love Beyonce to a point. But come on girl do something new. You remind me of Tina Turner, and please please, please don't ever fall to you knees during a performance, and did anyone catch the hair thing?
She was waving that blond mop, Hell I kept waiting for her to snatch it off and throw it on the floor.
Then the shit got out of hand. Follow me now.
Lady Gaga has raised the live performance bar so high, ho's are pulling all kind of tricks out of their bag.
DID YOU SEE PINK? The ho was up in the air. It was amazing dont get me wrong, and I really liked the song but getting all Cirque d' Soleil on us is a little much plus all the tattoos!
I really liked Green Days performance too. That song actually sounded better produced like that.
Was it me or did The Black Eyed Peas run out of gas towards the end of their performance, and Fergie sounded shaky again. Fergie looks older than her age. Does that make sense?
Mary J. and Andrea Bocelli tore it up. Did anyone tear up listening to Mary? She makes every song feel as if she is singing straight from the heart. This was a beautiful moment in the show. I kept worrying about the damn dress falling down too.

Really diggin the country act Lady Antebellum, and I always wondered who sang "Need you Now"
The M.J. tribute was touching, and DID you see Jhud? My girl is thinning down and looking great. Celine is starting to hit the wall. I don't like Carrie's short hair. Did Usher fall to the ground? Damn every time he does a M.J. tribute he ends up on the floor too. How about the kids? Paris is beautiful. God I hope those kids have some kind of normal life. At least they look normal. If one more person tells me that they look like M.J. I'm going to beat them with a stick too.
Now the bad.
Jaime, Jaime, Jaime Foxx ditch Autotone and the voice corder, oh vey. That song was a hot mess.
What the hell was Stevie Nicks doing singing with Taylor Swift? Hold up, can you honestly say Taylor sounded good? Ho's please. She is a talented song writer, but her singing is awful plus Album of the Year? Yikes. The dress was ugly too, o.k. I said it.
Jon Bon Jovi sounded like shit too.
Final notes. I like rap, always have but I'm growing tired of the same tired shit being done.
Stephen Colbert winning over George Lopez and Kathy Griffin? Now that was a joke.
Did I miss anyone?
The show seemed more entertaining than last year.
What did you think?
Let's Ride ho.

Comments

45, eh?
You look loverly for 45.
:-)
kayce. said…
(sorry about the blogjack, tug... i didn't start out w/ the intention of writing a long ass comment, it just happened.)

i don't get why the grammy's even attempts to have a host... you only see them once or twice throughout the show, anyway, and it's almost always a sidenote. the ipad shit WAS funny, but other than that, i coulda left it alone. also, i totally called stephen colbert winning that grammy a few days before the award show. bitches always find a reason to skip kathy, but the upside is that you KNOW how tenacious that girl is, so i look forward to a new cd sometime this year, LMAO.

gaga DID set it off, and i agree w/ you 100% about beyonce. now i know the bitch's album did crazy well, etc, but adele should've won for best vocals, and my vote (obvs) was for gaga in AOTY. taylor sounded like shit live, but then again, so did most of the duets. gaga/elton and mary/bocelli were the best of the bunch; however mary and bocelli each individually sounded fab, but never seemed to mesh together the way gaga and elton did. fyi: taylor has a history of really effed up live performances, even in concerts, but i guess her fans don't care. anyone else feel like kanye was the best thing to happen to her career? i know that she was well-known and well-loved before that, but mainly by tween girls... the award kanye, um... "kanye'd" was her first and it was just some mtv shiz! that helped her garner a whole new audience and a LOT more name recognition, if nothing else.

tug: pink's been doing that high-flying shit for the past year and a half/two years ~ ever since the circus album first dropped. she did the same performance at the mtv awards, i believe. it has very little to do w/ gaga, methinks. (sidebar: i love "methinks" ~ i can barely believe it's a real word, but i'm so glad it is!) but beyonce doing the high-flying act in her sasha fierce tour DOES have a lot to do w/ pink's tour.

ok, jhud is my INSPIRATION. perez was knocking her, saying that both the dress and the styling was wrong, but bish was baaaaaad in my opinion. she has the perfect thick coke bottle body ~ i'm so into it and i wish i had it like that!

shit, i could go on about the grammys for days... i'm acting like i DIDN'T tweet about it all damned night. :D
kim said…
i can't believe I missed it..I'm so ticked..I'm gonna have to quit my job or remember to set the dvr, one or the other...
Angel said…
Well Ho..you look FABULOUS for 45!!!! MWAH!

and I thought Pink was fantastic...gawd the BODY on that ho...wow.
David Dust said…
See - we ARE sisters...

All Mary J. Blige has to do is open her mouth and I start to cry. There is something so vulnerable and touching in her voice that just SLAYS ME every time I hear it.

XOXOXOXO

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!