Happy Birthday Momma
The purple is for Marie, My Mom. It was her favorite color.
Today would have been her 69th Birthday.
During my time here blogging I've had the chance to read others who blog about their Mom.
Miss Ginger, Beth, Bob, and Kayce have mentioned losing their Mom and those stories have always touched me.
Joy and David have spoke of their Mom, and it always makes me wonder what Mom would be doing if she was still here.
One thing we would do is put up the Christmas tree, It's a tradition that lives on to this day.
She wouldn't want a big fuss over her Birthday either.
On one Birthday many many years ago someone hired a male stripper, oh my god Mom was not a happy camper, thank god I wasn't there to see or be a part of that.
I think how pissed Mom would be that we moved to Vegas after she died. She would want to know why we couldn't move there while she was still alive.
Anyways here I sit in the back of the truck thinking about Mom. Like Beth, My Mom was cremated. She only had one request. Please don't send her off without her teeth. You should have seen the funeral director when I handed those across the table to him.
I've shed many tears today, and years past so I'll do what she would want me to do. I'll smile and remember her as she was.
In 2001 My Dad had a massive stroke. Mom and Me spent two years rehabbing him. While living at home during this time I was able to ask so many questions and spend countless hours just talking about life with her.
She was a realist that shook her head in disbelief that anyone would vote for George Bush for Governor of Texas instead of Ann Richards. This includes him as President.
She was a Democrat that relished in the fact that during every election she was able to cancel out my Dads Republican vote.
Mom loved a cold Dr. Pepper and a snickers candy bar. She also loved putting peanuts in her coke back when it was bottled.
Mom loved to people watch. She could sit for hours at the Mall just watching the shoppers.
Every once in awhile I tell a story that makes me laugh so hard.
A few months into our rehab of Dad, Mom and me had a little routine, and during a break during our day Mom would read a book, and I would flip through the daily trial shows.
While reading a cheesy romance novel she picked up somewhere, she looked up with this questionable look. She said she kept seeing this one word over, and over again that this character kept using. Seeing Mom had her bifocals on I cancelled out the fact she couldn't see the word correctly.
So, I say what's the word.
Mom looks down in the book and says "Ditto"
Huh? O.k. Mom read it to me in a sentence.
"the ditto brought joy, more joy than any man ever did"
Hum? Ditto, o.k. Mom give me the book.
Still I don't have a clue as to what the word is until I look down at the sentence and it reads "the dildo brought Katherine joy, more joy than any man ever did"
It's with seeing that second word I begin to laugh so loud Mom looks at me like I'm
a mad man.
Always the one to go in for the kill, I look at Mom and say with a evil smile. It's dildo Mom. The word is dildo.
The next question without a doubt made me realize my Mom was from the really, really old school.
"What's a dildo?"
Mom, your kidding right?
So, I give her the cleanest definition I know.
It's a sex toy. Like a v-i-b-r-a-t-o-r? You know a sexual type tool used to pleasure oneself.
With one swift motion Mom snatches the book out of my hand, jumps up from the couch exits the living room, and throws the book away in the trash.
All the time while I'm howling from fits of laughter.
She would not be happy I told this story.
Well Guys that it. My Mom.
Happy Birthday Momma.
Today would have been her 69th Birthday.
During my time here blogging I've had the chance to read others who blog about their Mom.
Miss Ginger, Beth, Bob, and Kayce have mentioned losing their Mom and those stories have always touched me.
Joy and David have spoke of their Mom, and it always makes me wonder what Mom would be doing if she was still here.
One thing we would do is put up the Christmas tree, It's a tradition that lives on to this day.
She wouldn't want a big fuss over her Birthday either.
On one Birthday many many years ago someone hired a male stripper, oh my god Mom was not a happy camper, thank god I wasn't there to see or be a part of that.
I think how pissed Mom would be that we moved to Vegas after she died. She would want to know why we couldn't move there while she was still alive.
Anyways here I sit in the back of the truck thinking about Mom. Like Beth, My Mom was cremated. She only had one request. Please don't send her off without her teeth. You should have seen the funeral director when I handed those across the table to him.
I've shed many tears today, and years past so I'll do what she would want me to do. I'll smile and remember her as she was.
In 2001 My Dad had a massive stroke. Mom and Me spent two years rehabbing him. While living at home during this time I was able to ask so many questions and spend countless hours just talking about life with her.
She was a realist that shook her head in disbelief that anyone would vote for George Bush for Governor of Texas instead of Ann Richards. This includes him as President.
She was a Democrat that relished in the fact that during every election she was able to cancel out my Dads Republican vote.
Mom loved a cold Dr. Pepper and a snickers candy bar. She also loved putting peanuts in her coke back when it was bottled.
Mom loved to people watch. She could sit for hours at the Mall just watching the shoppers.
Every once in awhile I tell a story that makes me laugh so hard.
A few months into our rehab of Dad, Mom and me had a little routine, and during a break during our day Mom would read a book, and I would flip through the daily trial shows.
While reading a cheesy romance novel she picked up somewhere, she looked up with this questionable look. She said she kept seeing this one word over, and over again that this character kept using. Seeing Mom had her bifocals on I cancelled out the fact she couldn't see the word correctly.
So, I say what's the word.
Mom looks down in the book and says "Ditto"
Huh? O.k. Mom read it to me in a sentence.
"the ditto brought joy, more joy than any man ever did"
Hum? Ditto, o.k. Mom give me the book.
Still I don't have a clue as to what the word is until I look down at the sentence and it reads "the dildo brought Katherine joy, more joy than any man ever did"
It's with seeing that second word I begin to laugh so loud Mom looks at me like I'm
a mad man.
Always the one to go in for the kill, I look at Mom and say with a evil smile. It's dildo Mom. The word is dildo.
The next question without a doubt made me realize my Mom was from the really, really old school.
"What's a dildo?"
Mom, your kidding right?
So, I give her the cleanest definition I know.
It's a sex toy. Like a v-i-b-r-a-t-o-r? You know a sexual type tool used to pleasure oneself.
With one swift motion Mom snatches the book out of my hand, jumps up from the couch exits the living room, and throws the book away in the trash.
All the time while I'm howling from fits of laughter.
She would not be happy I told this story.
Well Guys that it. My Mom.
Happy Birthday Momma.
Comments
I loved loved loved the "It's dildo, Mom."
My mother probably would have had the same reaction!
Only YOU could make me tear up with a story about a Dildo.
Your Momma's proud of you, I just know it. Although when you trip and fall tonight on the way to the bathroom (peeing yourself, no doubt), please know it is retribution for telling that story.
Momma's don't play...
XOXOXOXO
#9
xxalainaxx
and purple is my very favorite color, as well... :)
My ex-husband is in the terminal stages of cancer. I hope he can live until after Christmas for my son Brian and his wife Barb. He's the only man I ever married, and I'm upset about it but my concern is with Brian. He hasn't spent the time with his father that he has with me, but it will definitely hit him hard. His dad lives in Florida, so he doesn't see him but once a year and talks with him on the phone not often enough.
Sorry, didn't mean to get off on that, but it's on my mind right now. Hugs to you for your mother! xoxoxoxox