Betsy and Tug get a BoBo

Well Ho's late yesterday evening Bill and I were involved in an accident. Now before any of you get worked up and concerned. Both Betsy and I will be o.k. I am the proud new owner of five staples conveniently located on the top of my beautiful head. I just knew going bald had some advantage with that being the ER not having to shave my hair off. As for Betsy I've included a video.


So here is what happened:
Bill was driving northbound on US287 outside of Dumas, TX.
An 18 wheeler traveling southbound had a tire come off his truck and slingshot at 60 mph across the median striking Betsy on the Left hand side at the headlight. Now, normally this type of hazard would only cause damage to the body of the truck and you can more than likely pull off to the side of the road.
But nothing is ever normal when it involves us.
Every vehicle has a steerbox. This device uses fluid and hydraulics to create what we all know as power steering.
Now when you lose the steerbox only one thing happens. Your steering wheel becomes useless.
Ho's Bill said it was like when you drive a bumper car at the amusement park and you spin the damn wheel and the car just goes wherever the hell it wants to.
Betsy did what all trucks, and cars do. The biatch headed straight across the median and straight for oncoming traffic.
In those 20-30 seconds of pure terror, Tug had enough time to laugh, scream , and close his eyes.
Coming to a stop straddling the oncoming traffics yellow line we hit no one.
Halleuyer!!!
Not so fast though. When you slam on the brakes of a vehicle abruptly anything not tied down becomes a projectile.
Bill and I had planned on pulling over just about 2 miles up the road and play a game of Madden 10 on our Wii.
This son of bitch wii came from the back of the truck and struck poor lil ol' tug dead center on the top of his head.


Que Ambulance, and ER.
Thus where the 5 staples came from.
Honey, I bled like a stuffed hog.
Anyho, I'm fine. Betsy will be like new in no time.
This is just some of the stuff that truckers chalk up to part of the job.
Recently truck driving as an occupation was listed as one of the most dangerous.
That's an understatement.
Let's Ride Ho's

Comments

kayce. said…
so scary, but i love that the injury came from a wii ~ only y'all! :)) thank god no one was seriously hurt & thanks for the vid! betsy is a little rough right now, but i can wait to see what she looks like all shined up and pretty again! :)
OMG- poor Tug and Betsy! THank goodness the injuries weren't more serious and that no one else was hurt!
i am so glad no one got hurt any worse...a speedy recovery to you and miss betsy!


xxalainaxx
Mr.Mischief said…
Damn..glad it went as well as it did despite the injury to you and betsy..
Unknown said…
So glad the injuries to both you and Betsy were kept to a minimum. Take care out there, those roads are dangerous!
HOLY COW!!! So glad you all are okay, so to speak.Give Betsy a hug. Give yourself and Bill a hug!
David Dust said…
OMG Ho - thank goodness you're OK!

I think it's time to get a safer job - like hi-rise window-washer, or soldier in Afghanistan.

XOXOXOXOXO
Joy said…
Bless your heart! That was really scary! You and Bill take it easy for a while during Betsy's and your recovery! I'm sending you some big hugs!!!

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!