The Race Card
Having Satellite radio allows me to get my share of News radio. As you all know by now, Jimmy Carter has made a statement concerning President Obama and white America.
Talk about banging away at a hornets nest.
Then I hear and read this report on the Internet just moments ago:
White House disputes Carter’s analysis
Gibbs: Obama doesn’t believe he’s being criticized because of his race
NBC News and news services
updated 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
The White House says President Barack Obama doesn't believe he's being criticized because of his race.
Spokesman RobertGibbs
said Wednesday that Obama — the nation's first black president — doesn't think that criticism of his policies is "based on the color of his skin."
Spokesman Robert

You've got to be joking right?
If you think that America is o.k. with having a Black President come ride with me through all the States, and you will be absolutely amazed.
Let me make my point and then bring it.
Before driving a Truck I would have never guessed that the world is still so racist. I lived in the frame of mind that we as a whole had made progress against the racial divide.
Until driving a truck.
The majority of the times Bill and I are in say a Truck Stop or even a shipper, those there have not a clue that we are together or co-drivers.
It is at these times I have seen the real side of individuals that talk to Bill with the up most sincerity and respect only to call him a nigger as he exits the building.
This has happened several times, and If they weren't calling him some racial slur. They would most always make some snide remark about having a black president.
It was a cold slap of reality.
Those instances did not happen in one specific area or State. This is coming from someone who has traveled through all the lower 48, several times. I've spoken to more strangers in so many different cities, and the majority were very nice people. But the fact is this. America still has a problem with race.
Once in Kansas, Bill had checked in with the dispatch office to pick up a load. He had forgotten to tell them the trailer number and I decided to walk in and give the very young lady the trailer number for him.
Standing at the window, I said " Excuse me, their was a guy that just came in here to check in" this is were she cut me off in mid sentence and said " Oh, the nigger"
I could go on, and on. The times I've heard that the country is going to be over run by these uppity blacks is numerous.
The C.B. is not ever turned on in my truck anymore, the airwaves are filled with so much hate. This coming from so many driving trucks that don't have health insurance. Why be against someone trying so hard to get something done to help you.
It's jacked the hell up I know. But to think for one minute that the hype of the health care reform, and economy not being dealt with is fueled by several things, but one of those things is this.
He's Black.
I'll be the first to admit I have family members that are racist. They are the first ones to say that they don't have a problem with the "Blacks", as long as they don't live on their street, or come to their door.
President Obama is not getting a fair shake. Period. End of discussion.
And his skin color IS the biggest issue.
Comments
That's depressing. And eye opening. And back to depressing.
I wonder how generational it is? The tribe (my kids' friends, band members, team members, neighborhood) is all sorts of colors, religions and backgrounds. I like to think we pin our hopes on them.
xxalainaxx
Good post, Tug!