I'm one dedicated Ho.
Driving out here you are categorized by several different types of truck driver descriptions
Examples:
OTR- This is an Over The Road driver. Someone that drives a truck, and stays out for several days at a time..
Local- A driver that stays within a 100 mile radius that goes home every night.
Regional- Drives within certain radius with some nights spent in the truck. Home every other night.
RELAY- A driver that takes a load from a specific location, and takes it to another determined location.
Dedicated- driver that runs the same route year round.
This is the change in gears I had mentioned in my last blog. During my fog over the last weeks I have really figured out that being away from family so long had really started to work on me.
My nieces are growing up so fast. It about drove me crazy not being home more often.
So I've worked out a new route for Bill and I.
We are dedicated, and will run the same route until further notice. This has been a blessing too.
Never did I think I could ever do the dedicated thing. The same route over, and over?
So here's the deal.
We start in Las Vegas on every Monday, and run up to San Francisco for a pickup on Tuesday. Next up is a run over to San Antonio, TX for a Thursday delivery. Head to Lufkin, TX for the same day. Pickup some hot dead chickens for our run back out to the West for a Monday delivery.
How does this benefit Bill and I? When we pick up our chickens on Thursday in Texas, ho's we have Betsy in full gallop for our one day run to Vegas. We can usually get there on Friday evening. Thus allowing us all day Sat. and Sun. at the house.
Now here's the best part. If we can make it to San Antonio on Wednesday instead of Thursday,
we can deliver a day early. This let's us bump up the chickens, and ho's that puts us back at the house on Thursday.
How do you say thank you Jesus?
AMEN.
This has really helped Tugboat so much. I've been home the last three weekends.
There you have it good buddies. It's working in my favor for right now. Keep your fingers crossed.
So Trucker's!
Let's get dedicated Ho's
Examples:
OTR- This is an Over The Road driver. Someone that drives a truck, and stays out for several days at a time..
Local- A driver that stays within a 100 mile radius that goes home every night.
Regional- Drives within certain radius with some nights spent in the truck. Home every other night.
RELAY- A driver that takes a load from a specific location, and takes it to another determined location.
Dedicated- driver that runs the same route year round.
This is the change in gears I had mentioned in my last blog. During my fog over the last weeks I have really figured out that being away from family so long had really started to work on me.
My nieces are growing up so fast. It about drove me crazy not being home more often.
So I've worked out a new route for Bill and I.
We are dedicated, and will run the same route until further notice. This has been a blessing too.
Never did I think I could ever do the dedicated thing. The same route over, and over?
So here's the deal.
We start in Las Vegas on every Monday, and run up to San Francisco for a pickup on Tuesday. Next up is a run over to San Antonio, TX for a Thursday delivery. Head to Lufkin, TX for the same day. Pickup some hot dead chickens for our run back out to the West for a Monday delivery.
How does this benefit Bill and I? When we pick up our chickens on Thursday in Texas, ho's we have Betsy in full gallop for our one day run to Vegas. We can usually get there on Friday evening. Thus allowing us all day Sat. and Sun. at the house.
Now here's the best part. If we can make it to San Antonio on Wednesday instead of Thursday,
we can deliver a day early. This let's us bump up the chickens, and ho's that puts us back at the house on Thursday.
How do you say thank you Jesus?
AMEN.
This has really helped Tugboat so much. I've been home the last three weekends.
There you have it good buddies. It's working in my favor for right now. Keep your fingers crossed.
So Trucker's!
Let's get dedicated Ho's
Comments
XOXOXOXOXO
xxalainaxx
Seriously, this is a good change! I'm so happy for you and Bill getting to be home more.