Out with the Old...
Well Betsy has entered her 16 month of service, and she's closing in on 200,000 miles. Now, in truck terms this is still considered relatively new and most owners would stick it out.
But several new things are coming in the truck industry dealing with the epa regulations, and restrictions of diesel engines.
Betsy is a 2009 model, and she is within the new 2010 guidelines but there are really good deals on the 2010 models available. Dealers are desperate to move the new fleets, and they are willing to cut prices drastically. Did I mention the new engine is a $10k add-on? But that can be hammered out in the financial negotiations.
Plus seeing that B falls under the new guidelines, she has added trade in value.
Now here is the tricky part, and you might think I've fallen off my rocker but the biggest risk in buying one of these rigs is this:
How reliable is the new engine? When the 2007 epa guidelines required truck engines to be more cleaner the troubles were many, I unfortunately bought a 2007 truck, and it's first home was the dealership. When I sold that truck, we partied like we stole something. Also the fear of getting a truck that was built on a Monday, or Friday. What does that mean? Well there is an old saying about getting something built on a day when everybody doesn't care to be there, and a day when everybody is ready to go home for the weekend which in turn means poor quality, and workmanship. Don't laugh honey, I've heard stories.
Anyho, I've been mauling it over. Betsy has been good to me.
We'll See.
And back by popular demand.
LET'S RIDE HO!!
But several new things are coming in the truck industry dealing with the epa regulations, and restrictions of diesel engines.
Betsy is a 2009 model, and she is within the new 2010 guidelines but there are really good deals on the 2010 models available. Dealers are desperate to move the new fleets, and they are willing to cut prices drastically. Did I mention the new engine is a $10k add-on? But that can be hammered out in the financial negotiations.
Plus seeing that B falls under the new guidelines, she has added trade in value.
Now here is the tricky part, and you might think I've fallen off my rocker but the biggest risk in buying one of these rigs is this:
How reliable is the new engine? When the 2007 epa guidelines required truck engines to be more cleaner the troubles were many, I unfortunately bought a 2007 truck, and it's first home was the dealership. When I sold that truck, we partied like we stole something. Also the fear of getting a truck that was built on a Monday, or Friday. What does that mean? Well there is an old saying about getting something built on a day when everybody doesn't care to be there, and a day when everybody is ready to go home for the weekend which in turn means poor quality, and workmanship. Don't laugh honey, I've heard stories.
Anyho, I've been mauling it over. Betsy has been good to me.
We'll See.
And back by popular demand.
LET'S RIDE HO!!
Comments
XOXOXOXOXOXO
What kind of truck is Betsy, anyway? Would you get the same kind or a different kind? And would it be named Betsy Junior? These are things we all want to know!