Oregon




It's been so long since I've been up to the Northwest that I almost forgot just how beautiful it is. Beginning as a driver one of the first places I went to was the state of Washington, and Oregon. Oregon is one of those states I have a hard time trying to explain, or describe. It's farmland, mountains, rivers, and oceans. There is a little bit of everything. You wonder what Lewis and Clark thought as they traveled this part of Oregon, or those who traveled west on the Oregon Trail in wagons.
Anyho, One of the scenic drives that I never get tired of is the ride along the Columbia River towards Portland along Interstate 84. The biggest drawback to driving a big truck in Oregon is the speed limit which is 55, and 65 for cars. The bears do not screw around either, they will tag your ass for going anything over 59.
Passing thru the Quad Cities earlier I thought about one of my favorite bloggers frogponder who can be found here, http://musingsontheporch.blogspot.com/ and all the cool stuff she has right here and across the river, it made me wonder if she made the drive across the way to save on not paying taxes? Then as I leave town I always see all the silo's on the Umatilla Army depot, and wondered if she knows what was in them. All I know about this place is it destroys chemical weapons. YIKES!! Without a doubt if you search her blog you will find all these answer's and more great info on this area of the U.S.
Just remember to save your money if your traveling up to Oregon because its one of five states that is TAX FREE. Yes, tax free people. That means the price you see is the price you pay. Tell me that just ain't the coolest thing.
Tomorrow I will be delivering in Portland which means another stop at the Byways cafe http://www.bywayscafe.com/ for a magnificent breakfast. This place was recently featured on the food network show diners, drive ins, and dives for it's homemade biscuits, and pies. Yummy.
There you have it, above are a few shots of the Columbia as I ride along it on the Oregon side, just across the way you see the Washington side, and the last photo is of Mt. Hood the highest Mountain in Oregon. Enjoy
Let's Ride ho
Comments
Nope, we don't do the sales tax tango as you are supposed to pay tax anyway... Hey, we can raise Umatilla's toxic gas storage with our acres of nuclear dump site!
Was a nice day wasn't it, not too hot either.
And if I know ANYTHING about Frogponder, we'll be seeing a blog post about those silos in 3..2..1..
She knows about those silos - I would bet money on it. And if she doesn't know, she's gonna research that sucker and let us know.
Great post, Sis.
XOXOXOXO
i have always wanted to travel in oregon or washington state.
isnt new hampshire tax free too? i cant think of the other ones, i will have to google that to see if any are a little closer to the d.
xxalainaxx
#9