Tucumcari New Mexico Mile Marker 328
What a terribly sad day. This morning in New Mexico at 09:38 a.m. Bill, I , and several other truckers pulled an elderly woman out of the above wreckage you are looking at. This is not the first time I have done this. It's something I will never get accustomed to either.
What you see is whats left of a 35 ft travel trailer that was once attached to a 1 ton truck. Bloggers I have informed you several times, when a travel trailer/motorhome leaves the road it explodes into rubble. The elderly woman's husband who did not survive was driving. Out of respect for the Grandfather/ Father/Son/Uncle/Brother who lost their life, I will only say the accident was unavoidable. My religious beliefs are deeply personal, and I do not discuss this with anyone but, this morning Bill and I prayed for this Man, and his family. The woman was shaken up but will be fine, another testimony to wear seat belts.
Today, I wanted so much to blog about the best part of being a Truck Driver. I love my job for the most part but the image of truck drivers is idiotic, and crazy. We are just everyday people working hard to support the ones we love.
If many of you knew how often Truck Drivers just like me, who have been the first to comfort distraught drivers who have had a wreck here on the road it would immediately change the perception of this occupation.
When I began driving a truck the thing that shocked me most was the immediate response of driver's on the radio when an accident happened. The C.B. booms to life whenever someone is in trouble, and numerous truckers will sometimes pull over. This is the image no one ever remembers.
Helping out those in trouble out here has always seemed to be part of the job.
So remember, If you ever happen to break down out here no matter where you might be, truckers will be trying to get a hold of someone to help you, and you will never know. We talk on our C.B.'s about any 4 wheelers (cars, and pickups) broke down on the side of the road, and tell all those in the trucks behind us where you are, how far from the road your sitting, and if you seem to be in serious distress. While the whole time you have not a clue. If a driver does not pull over it's due to safety concerns for everyone.
So remember, If you ever happen to break down out here no matter where you might be, truckers will be trying to get a hold of someone to help you, and you will never know. We talk on our C.B.'s about any 4 wheelers (cars, and pickups) broke down on the side of the road, and tell all those in the trucks behind us where you are, how far from the road your sitting, and if you seem to be in serious distress. While the whole time you have not a clue. If a driver does not pull over it's due to safety concerns for everyone.
Anyway Good Buddies, Bill and I move on.
Be Safe
Comments
HUGS... and please be safe.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
you guys be safe as well. I am amazed that people think an 18 wheeler can stop on a dime.
Stay safe!
#9
Donna