PORK FAT RULES HO

Hello My name is Tugboat and I'm a pork fat addict. Yes, Good Buddies it's true.
Biatches, I've hit gold. The last two days I've been in a fat induced coma. The first sign of trouble was the Louisiana state line sign. So, Bill and I decided to just do a drive by on all things fried in pork. We killed it, leaving no witnesses.
Hello! Cracklin, Boudin, and the Boom Boom. Only Ms. Ginger, and diehard Cajun's will know what all three of these fine delicacies of Louisiana are.
My Love affair with Louisiana began when I was a small young tender ho. The annual trip to New Roads, LA. to visit Grandpa always included a trip to some eatery featuring the best part of a Turkey being Deep Fried in that Oil of the Gods, PORK.
Halleluyur!
To make matters worse we then back doored the pork run with two straight days of crawfish, and oysters.
dear god when will the madness ends.
Well Ho's I've got so much to blog about, but it must wait. Because Ho's I'm in Birmingham AL. and this means Niki's West http://www.nikiswest.com/ A local favorite with some of the best food anywhere. The only dish I order is the Blackened Amberjack, with pie. A Ho's gotta have pie.
Maybe I can correct some of the damage, and double up on Fish Oil pills.
Time to head out. Next up? my trip to Willacoochie. Honey it was my first time.
Let's Ride Ho's

Comments

kk, help a fallen vegetarian out...what part would be the best part of the turkey?

we need a slogan here: pork: because being friend in bacon grease makes bad things taste better! my fav thing to eat fried in pork grease is..wait for it..tofu!!!!

xxalainaxx
I love boudin and cracklins, but even I'm not sure what boom boom is?!
David Dust said…
I know what "boom boom" is. It's the same as "porkin'". :)

XOXOXOXOXOXO
Sam said…
Miss A The very best part of the Turkey is the tail aka "boom boom". It's usually cut off and discarded by those more fortunate. Just west of Baton Rouge, on HWY 90you will find a roadside shack that cooks all the turkey, not excluding the Lips, all in Pork Fat Oil.
Mistress Maddie said…
Tugboat- I can't say I tried to many of those southern dishes, but my weakeness is fried cheese sticks!!!! Oh Lord, is eating two boxes of them bad?
Joy said…
My mother used to make cracklin' bread and I hated it. The thought makes me cringe!
Jojo said…
hmmm cracklin!! Love tha pork. The boyfriend is a chef and roasting a whole pig at the bar this Saturday - so hopefully i will be in a pork induced coma by the end of the weekend... nom!!

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!