Death, and Taxes

Yes Ho's it's that time of the Year again. Taxes
The best way to describe this event, Do you remember the scene in "Ghost" when Whoopi's character, Oda Mae Brown, has to hand over that check to the Nun's?
This is what happens when I write out the check for my self employment taxes, and tax penalty.
I usually start my taxes Feb 1st, then from about the middle of Feb. until now I sit and stare at the amount I owe, and then wonder how much time in the Pokey I would get if I didn't pay.
So here we are on the countdown. T minus 12 days and counting. Wonder where they would send me? To a Country Club prison?
These 1099's have to be wrong.
Anyho.
About the Death part? About three years after my Mom died, the IRS sent her a letter. It was to inform her of the gambling winnings she failed to claim on her 2002 Tax return. As soon as I read the letter I remembered Mom, and I doing her Taxes that year before she passed. When it came to the gambling winnings, I asked her "Mom did you win anything this year?" she said "No". I told her I wasn't going to come see her in prison, but she smiled, and laughed it off.
If she was here we could do our sentence at the same time! :)
Let's Ride Marie!

Comments

The Engineer considers it his duty to wait until the very last minute to mail the check. I'm just glad all the *%&$#@ is over for another year.
Mistress Maddie said…
And by the way THANK-YOU again for my basket. It is very lovely I gave you a shout out on my blog! Thanks again hon! Your to sweet!

XOXOXOXOXOX-
Mistress Maddie
i have to mail mine too, and this is the first year i had to pay my own taxes on my tutoring job, so i had to pay too. grrrrr.


xxalainaxx
Joy said…
I'm doing mine this weekend with Turbo Tax and will file electronically. To prove how bad I felt for a few years, I committed tax refund evasion.
Bob said…
I hate this time of year.
The weather turns warm, everything starts to bloom, you feel a sense of renewal, then BAM April 15th.
It just doesn't seem to fit.

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!