Size Matters

Wouldn't you know it, Now Betsy has caught some awful illness that has landed her in the Truck Hospital. I hope it's nothing expensive, um serious.
You know I blog about the trucking world here, and for the most part its all tongue in cheek. Nothing serious, just clean fun.
But this is not always the way it is. The wrecks I've seen are numerous. The deaths, and carnage are very vivid in my mind. Myself have been involved in a serious accident.

On a hot Friday night in July 2007, while traveling along a well traveled road in West Texas, My life would be changed forever. It was here that I lost one of my beloved pets, Gracie the absolute love of my life. I rescued her as a pup from a nightmare hell when she was about 7 weeks old. For the next 9 yrs. she would valiantly defend, and love me unconditionally. She could make anyone who didn't care for dogs love her instantly.
Her life came to an end when the Truck I was riding in flipped on it's side, and rolled over. It seemed so unreal to be awake, and aware when the accident happened. So many times I had seen trucks rolled, and didn't even want to imagine the terror of being inside a big rig during this.
But here I was in the Sleeper Cab, while Bill was driving. The next 38 seconds were a terror, everything in the truck became airborne, bomb like. No one, except Gracie, was seriously hurt that night. The ride to the hospital for me was dream like, I pray it is something I never have to experience again.
Sometime I wonder if this is really the job for me, but I've kept doing it for over 10 years. Not a day goes by that I don't make some evasive maneuver to avoid someone else who just doesn't understand, or care what will happen if they are hit by a Truck, even if they are in a Big SUV. Let me share this with you, SIZE does matter. No matter what your driving, If you are hit by a Big Rig you will be hurt seriously. My day begins everyday knowing that I have to be prepared, rested, and healthy to drive down the highway safely. Trust me not all drivers believe this, but for the most part the majority do.
Well guys there it is some of a day in the life.
Truck Safe.
Tugboat

Comments

David Dust said…
Wow - that's scary.

I'm so sorry that had to happen to you (and Gracie).

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!