Ms. Elvira


Today was national be nice to the in laws day. Yes your truly spent the whole day with Bill's Family.
For the record, Bill's family is quite colorful. But, the majority of the day was spent with his Grandmother who turns 88 next Friday. Ms. Elvira has lived an amazing life, and let me tell you this firsthand she is a living "Aunt Esther" If you recall she recently advised me on some medicinal remedies that she lives by, kerosene and turpentine.

Sitting at the red light in South San Antonio, I couldn't help but laugh at the difference in our lives before we met. Not to mention that it must have looked odd to see Bill, Me, his sis, and Ms. Elvira riding 4 deep, with Lil Wayne screaming from those 6 x 9's.


If you are new to my blog, I have to tell you that I had never, ever hung out or been anywhere remotely like the Ghetto. It was a learning curve, and I've taken my lumps on the ins, and outs of the life people live in the Ghetto be it if they are white, black, or other. The first lesson I learned while at one of Bill's family holiday reunions is this, one of three things will most likely happen. 1. The police will come 2. An ambulance, or fire truck will arrive, and 3. The police, and ambulance will both come.
Now, don't write me any hater mail. I am just pointing out the things that have happened at the last 15 years worth of Holiday parties.
Talking to Ms. Elvira is something I have come to enjoy. She's very much up to date with what's going on in the world, and she's not afraid to tell me that Bill is still crazy about me. Our conversation always come to dying, and accepting the one thing guaranteed in life. Death. Ms. Elvira tells me it's just a matter of when God calls you home.
Our time together is ended with me hugging her goodbye, and me hoping to see her next year either before the police get there, or after the fire truck leaves. So with that
Happy 88Th Birthday Ms. Elvira






Comments

Joy said…
My mother is 88 and just amazing. I like the way you describe Bill's grandmother. She sounds amazing, too. You and Bill have been together 15 years? I never made it that long, so congratulations!
Unknown said…
sounds like family to me...enjoy them as I am sure you won't take one minute for granted
David Dust said…
Ms. Elvira looks like she don't take no mess ... from NOBODY!

Happy Birthday Ms. Elvira. May you have many, many more...

XOXOXOXO
What a sweetie- I'll bet she is a hoot and a half!!
I wonder what she thinks of drag queens?!
Mistress Maddie said…
Sam what a funny story! You are lucky to have a close knit family like this. Elvira sounds like a trip with her remedies too! No wonder your so damn healthly!
i just love this blog. you made me misty thinking of my grandma and how much i miss her.


xxalainaxx

(so ghetto it hurts)

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!