So How much does that cost?

How much does that cost?

I'm often asked about the cost of fuel, and all that is associated with owning a Commercial Vehicle (aka Rig, Big Truck, 18 wheeler)
So I'm going to give you a little insight about the price of things in my world. Now before all you ho's get beside yourself. Remember this, regardless of you thinking I'm making it rain cash, please know that I'm just like all truck owners out here, we are living load to load.
First off, Fuel. My truck holds 300 gallons of diesel. Today's current price of fuel is about 2.24, and this depends on what part of the country you are in. So every time I fill up there you have about $650.00. The typical truck gets 5 to 6 mpg. So after going 1300 miles you are going to need more of that go go juice.
Meals are another expense, but we have a microwave, and refrigerator that helps cut down on eating out.
Now, Me and Bill run as a team which means we can drive further than say a solo driver. Solo's can run about 500 to 600 miles a day legally. A team can run 1000 miles in a day easily. I buy fuel everyday, and it drives me crazy. Back in the Summer of 2008 fuel was $4.50 a gallon, Bill would have to take a defibrillator and give me a little jolt after buying fuel. It was crazy.
My biggest expense after fuel is insurance. All Owner Operator's must have a million dollar policy in effect to even get on the open road. So there's about $4000 annually. Personal Health Insurance runs about another $4,000. Permits for each and every state that I pass through runs typically $2900 a year.
Truck Maintenance is another $5000 to $6000 a year, and this is only if you own a newer vehicle with some type of warranty. God forbid you should have to pay for an engine ($15,000- $20,000), transmission ( $8,000) or a complete set of tires which is on the average about $4000.
Truck prices. New trucks prices can fall in a broad range. The Basic Rig runs always above $100,00 with the median price being about $125,000.

Whewwww! yes this business is not for the weak. If you are looking to change jobs, and want to hit the open road, being a company driver is the way to go.
These are just the essentials. Did I tell you that I pay so many taxes It makes me wonder how certain states are broke.
Let's Ride Ho's
.

Comments

Mistress Maddie said…
I can't believe those prices! $650 for gas alone! Do you know how many wigs that would buy the Mistress?

XOXOXOXOXOX-
Mistress Maddie
Joy said…
I knew it was the same as running a small business, but my goodness!! Those expenses are higher than Amy Winehouse! I had no idea!!

What kind of truck do you have?
kayce. said…
i can only fricking imagine spending that much money on gas *in a day*... i barely spend more than that in rent/utilities for a month, LOL.
Well bout time you got back to business. hehehe
love ya
Hoss

Popular posts from this blog

This.

HOWDY!!